na n She
map-marker Reno, Nevada

Guy is a scammer and liar

about him getting all my personal information, I cant believe Im having to type in more information crazy
Loss:
Cons:
  • He lies

Preferred solution: an apology

Karla H Gox

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the frustration

Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the frustration
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the... - Image 2
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the... - Image 3
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the... - Image 4
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the... - Image 5
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - He is a liar would like to help someone else avoid the... - Image 6
Updated by user Jun 30, 2022

Nothing has been resolved as of yet!!!! He is a liar

Original review Jun 30, 2022
He lied about helping me with a legal matter and constantly lying. About everything. He claimed my money order was lost in the mail. I later found out it had been cashed by him. He is racist why would you state someones race what does that have to do with anything. I just want my money back he said he would reimburse me for duplicate fingerprints he is a bold face liar
Loss:
Cons:
  • How he lies
  • Racist
  • That he steals

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not go to him for anything

We did a video on him. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4

He is a bad man!

Karla H Gox

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Reno, Nevada

Scam artist POS

Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - Scam artist POS
Doctor Richard Diffenderfer - Scam artist POS - Image 2
This con man states he could get something done in a reasonable amount of time he was dishonest. He said my mo yea order got lost in the mail and I found out it was cashed, more than likely by him And he is a racist he states my race in a correspondence to a municipal leek of Washoe county. Why does my race matter. Hire a lawyer and save yourself the headache
Loss:
Cons:
  • Racist
  • That he steals
  • He is an ordained liar

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t do it…

will you call me please 775 567 ****. reno person also scammed by him

We did a video on Doc Richard. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4

map-marker Willowbrook, Illinois

He stole money from us.

This man is not honest. He takes your money and gives you nothing. I hope like *** he ends up in prison one day. He is the worst of the worst. Please do not give him your hard-earned money.

User's recommendation: Do not give him a penny.

We just did a video on him. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4

map-marker Los Angeles, California

Fraudster

No medical license and takes money from people .. prosecuted already in California and recently banned from helping with disability claims

User's recommendation: Run Away

This man is a scam!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2239703

We did a video on him. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4

Pos

View more comments (2)
map-marker Sparks, Nevada

Fake Dr

We used him on the recommendation of the Reno courts, he took our money and did nothing for us but take our money. We had insurance, but he said they only paid a percentage of his services, so we had to pay him out of pocket. Our insurance only covers legitimate Dr. He know has a machine which I am sure he is not licensed for that it has something to your brain putting some type of helmet on your head and stimulating your brain to fix you. He needs to be investigated here like he was in CA an put in jail.
Guest

We did a video on him. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4 Can you reach out to me?

I’m curious how the courts referred him. If you click on the YouTube video that we did on him, my contact information is there.

Guest

Wrote a formal complaint to attorney general dont know what it will do but it’s worth a try

Cindy L Ugq

Illegitimate Con Artist

Constantly seeking funding on craigslist for his poor excuse of a radio station. He will steal your money and lie every step of the way. Pure trash

Preferred solution: Admit your ***

User's recommendation: Stay away. This man should be in prison.

Guest

We did a video on him. https://***/Bn4jfFH5MO4 Can you reach out to me?

I would love to hear your story. If you click on the YouTube link, you’ll see the video we did on him.

We are trying to compile as much evidence as possible to present it to the authorities. Thank you.

Anonymous A Zpj
map-marker Redmond, Washington

This review is a lie..

The person who wrote this review, asked Dr Richard to do some assessments to white collar prisoners on Skype and he did, and the man in Washington never paid him!! Then had the audacity to try and turn it around. The courts through it out ..because a bunch of lies. Judge even said why is this case even here.

Preferred solution: Ignore lies...

Julyana Glt

If you look this POS up in California you will see that he is really crooked. That's ok , what's going to happen is he is going to run across the right person on the right day and he will have his cake and eat it too

Guest

This sounds like hog wash he is A liar he must have friends in the judicial system

Sue F Htx

Anyone who wants a psychologist that gives sessions for the drug addicted and want help, I would recommend. Instead of going to jail he can give court approved counseling.

I worked with Dr Richard at Rehabs and know his methods have helped people get of and stay off drugs and turn their life's around. Not many psychologists will work with these people that he says have a disease. He can't work miracles though, if they just aren't ready for the help. As far as the Sober living houses, two men said they want to start these houses and they kept calling and calling he didn't really want to do it, but they pushed so hard and said they would invest in the houses etc. And then after 2 years went out of business. For those two years it barely broke even, and mostly was under. So the two guys were mad, but at least during those two years some people were helped and got off drugs.
Pros:
  • Funny and genuinely wants to help people
  • Kind
  • Superb counselor minister

CON MAN

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2086000

What did he promise you for this fake *** review?

Alex Rbn

Not Good, Con man, scam, Fake DR,

I am concerned that Richard Diffenderfer, who also goes by "Dr. D," and most recently "Doc Richard," is misrepresenting himself, and providing inappropriate counseling services. I have asked him twice for his credentials and he has not responded. I have contacted the following organizations in the area, with the following responses: 1. NV Board of Medical Examiners - no response to date 2. NV Board of Examiners of Social Workers - response is he is not licensed with them 3. NV State Board of Examiners for Marriage & Family Therapist and Clinical Professional Counselors - response "is not a licensed MFT, MFT Inter, CPC, or CPC Intern." I also checked the NV State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors Database, and his name does not appear to date. Healthcare professionals usually spell out their credentials and experience on their website. To date, I cannot find his credentials on his website (https://docrichard.weebly.com/). On his website he does advertise himself as "Doc Richard" "PhD," with no mention of what his doctorate degree is in. On his website he also advertises the following: 1. He is a "Certified Life and Addictions Coach." Yet he is not licensed in NV where he is practicing. 2. He also appears to offer "MAT (Medically Assisted Treatment), which can only be offered by a licensed prescriber. 3. He seems to offer "CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)," but again, he does not seem to possess a license to practice this in NV. This *** is also under criminal investigation in Spokane, WA for fraud charges where it looks like stole money. This POS needs to go back to prison.
Loss:
Cons:
  • That he is not a real dr
  • That he steals
  • How he lies
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised
Guest

Give me an email at gdavon709@***l. In merced California we are pressing charges against Dr Richard and we need more evidence so we can put him behind bars for life. Same for his wife.

Guest

The two thumbs up must be his crook wife stealing food stamps and such and probably him from a dummy account

Guest

He is not a real Dr. He takes you money and that is all he does.

He is a straight up con. Took our money and did nothing. He says he can get help you get on disability he can't. The Reno NV courts use him and they shouldn't.

He had no credentials, no corporate office, a very messy piled paperwork office. He needs to be shut down.

Guest

He stated he was licensed in every state. When I asked for the documentation to prove so he said no and hung up on me.

Sounds legit. I am filing a fraud report.

Guest

Dr Richard had helped me tremendously. He takes the time in the assessment to thoroughly get to know me and my concerns. I have been to 12 other psychologist and he's the only one that understands me and that helped me.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1895565

What was your diagnosis and would like to have you evaluated under law to ensure your not a fraudsters

Guest

I-TEAM: 'Dr. D' investigated over sober houses in Rohnert ...

https://abc7news.com › i-team-exposes-dr-d-as-state-investigates-sober-house Santa Rosa man who posed as drug rehab counselor gets jail https://www.pressdemocrat.com › news › santa-rosa-man-who-posed Aug 9, 2016 - Ricky Lee Diffenderfer, 66, who did not have a state license to offer drug rehabilitation counseling, was sentenced to two years in jail. This man is a straight up "Con Man" A simple google search will show multiple articles of him claiming to be a counselor/therapist.

We served a jail term in connection with setting up phony "Sober Living Houses" in Calif. Inform yourself regarding this man!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1786230

He is the biggest con artist, he takes your money and does nothing. The Reno NV court system should not be using this con artist but they do.

They obviously have not done their research. DO NOT USE THIS CON ARTIST.

View more comments (7)

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article